Would you like to share your story of mental illness?
Whether you’re living with mental illness, have experienced it in the past or are caring for someone with a mental illness, we’d love to hear from you.
You could be a powerful voice that highlights important issues and helps others facing similar challenges or improves people’s understanding of mental illness.
Your personal story, or that of a loved one, may also inspire people across the country to support our work by fundraising, volunteering or campaigning for us.
How your story may be used
There are many ways we might ask to use your story. These include:
- on our website or social media such as Facebook or Twitter
- in our supporter magazine or marketing materials for services and fundraising events
- in fundraising appeals which are sent out to our supporters and members.
Sometimes, we may even be approached by a national newspaper, glossy magazine or TV news programme for a story or guest who would be happy to talk about their experiences.
With all these opportunities, we wouldn’t ask you to do anything that you weren’t comfortable with, and you always have the final decision on whether your story is used or not.
How you can get involved
At this stage, all you need to do is send an email to our Media Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. This needs to tell them who you are and give a brief outline of your story.
The team will then get in touch about the best way you can provide them with your full story, as well as answer any questions you may have asked them.
People who do share their story with us often say they find it a really positive experience and a great opportunity to help other people affected by mental illness
Things to note before you email
- We do not link to blogs or stories that are hosted away from our own site
- It is not possible to for us to host guest blogs or paid for content
- Where possible, we ask that stories used on our channels have not appeared in online elsewhere.