Contact our advice and information service

We cannot give emergency help – if you need help right now, use our list of mental health crisis and emotional support contacts. We can only usually give advice where the person experiencing mental illness is 18 or over and lives in England.

We give practical advice and information about issues such as:

  • Access to mental health and social care and the relevant systems
  • Treatments and conditions
  • Carers rights
  • Complaints and advocacy
  • Medical records and confidentiality
  • Mental health law
  • Welfare benefits
  • Employment issues

Please note that our service is confidential. If you choose to provide details they will not be shared with anyone outside the service unless we have your permission, or if we have to, in order to protect you, or other people. Your contact with us will be saved and stored in line with our data protection and confidentiality policies.

You don’t have to give us your name, address, date of birth, phone number or mobile number. But if we at least know your post code and date of birth it might improve the quality of advice that we can give you. For example, it can help to advise you on local and age-appropriate services.

If you would like to contact us, please email us at