How to contact us
How to contact us:
- Our advice and information helpline is open Monday to Friday 9.30am - 4pm, excluding bank holidays. The phone number is 0808 801 0525.
- Our webchat service is open from 10.00am – 1pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays. Look out for the webchat icon in bottom, right-hand corner of the screen.
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond within 5 working days.
- You can write to us at Rethink, PO BOX 18252 Solihull B91 9BA. We aim to post our reply within 5 working days of receipt of your letter.
The things we give advice and information on include:
- Mental health system
- Access to mental health care
- Social care
- Mental health treatments
- Carers rights
- Mental health conditions
- Complaints and advocacy
- Medical records and confidentiality
- The Mental Health Act
- The Mental Capacity Act
- Mental illness and the Equality Act
- Mental health and employment
- Mental Health care in prison
- Mental health and welfare benefits
Mental Health Crisis
Call 0808 801 0745 if you would like to speak to a member of staff regarding Mental Health Crisis Breathing Space.
Are you trying to find a local service?
If you would like to learn more about what is in your area then Hub of Hope of a national database of mental health services that you can search by using your postcode.
Are you currently in a crisis or know someone who is? Please check our crisis support pages to find out which organisations can provide the most appropriate support depending on your circumstances.
Don't know where to start
About mental illness
Here you can find information on different mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, depression and eating disorders. This section also includes symptoms of mental illness and how to cope with suicidal thoughts and self-harm.
Read more About mental illness
Living with mental illness
With the right support and treatment, mental illness doesn't have to be a barrier to a fulfilling life. In this section find out more about medication, treatment options and how to look after your physical health and wellbeing.
Read more Living with mental illness
Rights & benefits
It’s important to know your rights when living with a mental illness or caring for someone who does. This section has information on mental health laws, rights and restrictions, social care, welfare benefits, employment and health care. It also includes resources on the police, courts & prison service.
Read more Rights & benefits
Information for carers
Our Carers Hub has lots of resources to help carers of people living with a mental illness. This section includes information on social services support for carers, mental illness running in families, confidentiality, supporting someone and what to do in a crisis.
Read more Information for carers