This section may help you if you are dealing with suicidal thoughts. It has ideas you can try to help you through a crisis. It explains how you can stay safe and where you can go for support.
- Just try to get through today rather than focusing on the future.
- Talk about how you are feeling with someone you trust or an emotional helpline.
- Contact a health professional such as your GP or Community Mental Health Team (CMHT).
- Try to do activities you enjoy which take your mind off what you are thinking.
- If you are in real danger of taking your own life call emergency services on 999 or go to Accident and Emergency (A&E).
This section covers:
- How can I help myself now?
- How can I get emotional support?
- How can I get professional support?
- How do I make a crisis plan?
These pages are created by Rethink Mental Illness' Advice Service in accordance with the Information Standard. Last reviewed in July 2016. Next review July 2019.
Need practical advice & info? We can help.
Contact our Advice team about mental health & related issues
0300 5000 927 Monday - Friday 9.30am - 4pm, not including bank holidays