Samaritans suicide prevention training in Camden and Islington
Samaritans delivers suicide prevention training for individuals as part of Rethink Mental Illness' contract with Camden and Islington Councils. This course is free to anyone who lives, works, studies or volunteers in the two boroughs.
This interactive course is fully facilitated by a Samaritans Trainer. For more detail regarding course content or to book a place, please click on the Eventbrite link below which includes a full course outline and booking form.*
This course will help participants to:
- Appreciate the profile of suicide in the UK and ROI.
- Understand the background factors and feelings that can lead to suicidal thoughts.
- Recognise direct and indirect signs of suicidal ideation.
- Develop skills to manage a suicidal conversation sensitively and effectively.
- Explore strategies to assess and respond to risk.
- Know how and where to signpost to sources of additional support.
If you or someone you know requires emotional support, please call Samaritans’ free helpline 116 123.
Managing Suicidal Conversations course*
|Monday 15th January 2024
|Tuesday 30th January 2024
|Tuesday 20th February 2024
|Thursday 14th March 2024
|Thursday 28th March 2024
*Subject to further eligibility criteria and terms and conditions.
In the first instance you must reserve your place by booking on the Eventbrite link. Attendance in full is required to ensure you receive a certificate.
To find out more about Samaritans’ other training courses, you can visit the Samaritans website and make an online enquiry using the enquiry form.