This section explains the different types of supported housing that may be available in your area. Supported housing combines housing with support services. This can help people to live as independently as possible.
- There are different types of supported housing to help people with different needs.
- You might be able to get help with the costs of living in supported housing. This will depend on your income and savings.
- You can ask your care coordinator about supported housing, if you have one. Or you can ask for an assessment from your local adult social care team.
- You can also contact a scheme directly if you think that they would offer the right service for you.
This section covers:
1. What are the different types of supported housing?
2. How can I get supported housing?
3. How do I pay for supported housing?
4. Who do I contact if I have housing problems?
5. Useful Contacts
These pages are created by Rethink Mental Illness' Advice and Information Service in accordance with the Information Standard. Last reviewed in July 2017. Next review July 2020.
Need practical advice & info? We can help.
Contact our Advice team about mental health & related issues
0300 5000 927 Monday - Friday 9.30am - 4pm, not including bank holidays