This section aims to provide information on the different housing options available to people living with a mental illness.
- There are different types of housing available. These include, include living with family, independent living and supported accommodation.
- Where you are able to live will depend on your support needs. And what is available in your area.
- Different types of supported housing will give different levels of support.
- You will need to think about how you will pay for your housing.
This section covers:
- What should I think about when choosing housing?
- What are the different types of housing?
- What is independent living?
- What is supported accommodation?
- What about living with family?
- What if I have problems with housing?
- What is homelessness?
- How do I pay for housing?
- What if I am a carer, family member or friend?
- Where can I get advice and support?
Last reviewed in February 2017. Next review February 2020.
Need practical advice & info? We can help.
Contact our Advice team about mental health & related issues
0300 5000 927 Monday - Friday 9.30am - 4pm, not including bank holidays