What does a Regional Committee do?
Our Regional Committee’s are integral to the governance of our charity. They help ensure we keep a strong and active link with our members and service users across the country, making sure they remain at the centre of our organisational decisions.
There are 8 Regional Committees:
Eastern, East Midlands, London, North East, North West, South East, South West, West Midlands.
Each committee’s knowledge and experience about what is happening in their local region is highly valued, with one member from each Regional Committee elected to our Board of Trustees, meaning each region has representation at a national level.
Each Regional Committee meets at least four times a year, and contributes to a variety of duties and activities:
- Through consultation they help develop Rethink Mental Illness policy, practice and campaigns.
- They receive reports from regional staff and national teams for their information or opinion.
- They consider and approve applications from local groups to register as Rethink Mental Illness Groups.
- They take part in regional events and conferences.
- They promote membership of Rethink Mental Illness locally.
If you are interested in getting involved please firstname.lastname@example.org, Governance Administrator, stating which Regional Committee you are interested in joining. Alternatively you can call for an informal chat on 01704 511014.