Send me a tea party pack
Let's Rethink Mental Illness Together
Pop the kettle on, break out the biscuits and...
We want to encourage people to talk, so that we can rethink mental illness together. A cup of tea and chat can do wonders for your wellbeing. So dust off you favourite recipes, make it a social occasion and order your free fundraising pack today.
We are now including free crochet hooks (courtesy of Crochet Now) and also a free crochet pattern (courtesy of our wonderful supporter Jo) in the next 50 packs we send out, so dont delay and order yours now!
When your tea party pack arrives you'll have all the essential materials to organise your tea party including a booklet to help you plan your event - with recipes, activities and more tips, stickers, donation box and more!
Whether you make it a lavish or simple affair, we’re delighted that you can join in and help us raise vital funds. We want to bring people together to talk.
To order your full pack by post click the button above but before you do, remember the things below to come back here for:
- Download your tea party poster here
- Share your tea party event details with the world using Facebook or Twitter
- Check out a few of our favourite supporter recipes below...
- Share with us your photos and videos from your tea parties by using the email below!
And come back to this page after your tea party to pay in the amazing pennies you've raised.
Contact us and order your tea party pack by emailing email@example.com
call us on 020 7840 3040.
We spoke to one of our supporters Britt about baking and her mental health...
My name is Britt Whyatt and I run ‘She Who Bakes’.
Up until four years ago, I had never baked a cake before in my life! Diagnosed with depression following a string of personal tragedies, including losing my mum when I was 16, I was set a challenge to bake a cake for a charity bake sale. I bought a packet mix (Mary Berry forgive me!) a lump of icing and created a square shaped Pudsey mess. He looked and tasted awful, but made me ridiculously happy. I quickly became obsessed with baking and now here I am! I’m very proud to say baking played a massive part in my recovery on every level.
Rethink Mental Illness asked me for a foolproof blue and white cupcake recipe and here it is! Why not order your Tea Party pack kit and try it out on your friends, family and colleagues for World Mental Health Day on October 10th.
Foolproof cupcake recipe;
- 200g self raising flour
- 200g Stork/unsalted butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 50g plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream together the butter and sugar
- Add in the eggs and mix
- Add in the flours and mix
- Add in the vanilla and mix
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill cupcake cases and bake at 140C for 35-40 minutes
- 250g unsalted butter
- 500g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Blue gel colouring
- Cream the butter on it’s own first
- Then add in the icing sugar and mix
- When this is blended, add in the vanilla
- Fit a piping bag with a nozzle of your choice.
- Paint two lines of gel food colouring up the bag, starting in the nozzle.
- Spoon in your buttercream and squeeze down to the end of the nozzle.
- Twist the top of the bag so it’s secure and you are ready to pipe!
- To make a rosette, start in the middle of your cupcake and squeeze buttercream out anti-clockwise until you reach the end. Then, very important, STOP squeezing and THEN pull away.