A good example of co-production
The Making a Difference Alliance is a network of 37 people with an experience of mental illness. We are supporting them to work with doctors and other healthcare professionals, voluntary organisations, charities and other experts on a strategy for north west London called Like Minded.
The aim of Like Minded is to improve mental health and wellbeing across eight London boroughs: Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea, Hammersmith and Fulham, Hounslow, Ealing, Brent, Harrow and Hillingdon. This involves everyone who provides any aspect of mental health care joining together and listening to the views of those with experience of mental health issues to develop best practice and ensure innovative approaches are shared.
Overall, by bringing together people in this way, the vision for Like Minded is for north west London to be a place where people say:
- “My wellbeing and happiness is valued.”
- “I am supported to stay well.”
- “My care is delivered at the place that is right for me.”
- “The care and support I receive is joined up.”
- “As soon as I am struggling, help is available.”