Eating disorders - Carers
Information for carers, friends and relatives
You may need your own support if you care for someone with an eating disorder. Caring for someone with a mental illness can be difficult.
How can I get support?
- Speak to your GP. You should be given your own assessment to work out what affects your caring role is having on your mental health. And what support you need. Such as practical support and emergency support.
- Join a carers service.
- Join a carers support group.
- Read about the condition.
- Call an emotional support line.
- Talk to friends and relatives.
You can click on the following to find more information about them:
Need practical advice & info? We can help.
Contact our Advice team about mental health & related issues
0300 5000 927 Monday - Friday 9.30am - 4pm, not including bank holidays