This section gives information on anxiety disorders, how they are diagnosed, possible causes and treatments. It can help carers, friends or relatives of someone with an anxiety disorder.
- There are different types of anxiety disorders.
- Anxiety disorders can make you feel worried, panicked and fearful.
- Anxiety can cause physical symptoms such as a fast heartbeat, shaking and sweating.
- Your doctor will offer you treatment depending on your symptoms and how severe they are.
This section covers:
- What are anxiety disorders?
- What are the different types of anxiety disorders and how are they diagnosed?
- What causes anxiety disorders?
- How are anxiety disorders treated?
- What treatment should I be offered?
- What if I am not happy with my treatment?
- What are self care and management skills?
- What risks and complications can anxiety disorders cause?
- Information for carers, friends and relatives
These pages are created by Rethink Mental Illness' Advice Service in accordance with the Information Standard. Last reviewed in October 2015. Next review October 2017.
Need practical advice & info? We can help.
Contact our Advice team about mental health & related issues
0300 5000 927 Monday - Friday 9.30am - 4pm, not including bank holidays