If you feel like you want to take your own life, reading this section might help to make you feel better. We know you are hurting right now, but you don’t have to go through this alone.
This section contains some suggestions for things you can do right away to help yourself get through the immediate crisis and have a chance to find other solutions.
- Just try to get through today and don't think about the future.
- Talk through your feelings with someone you trust or a helpline.
- Contact a health professional such as your GP or Mental Health Team.
- Try to do activities you enjoy which take your mind of distressing thoughts.
- If you are in real danger of taking your own life call emergency services.
These pages are created by Rethink Mental Illness' Advice and Information Service in accordance with the Information Standard. Last reviewed in July 2012. Next review July 2014.
Need practical advice & info? We can help.
Contact our Advice team about mental health & related issues
0300 5000 927 Monday - Friday 10am - 2pm, not including bank holidays